How to Ace Your Next Job Interview
Posted on May 1, 2023
After all, the job of your dreams or a very important career upgrade might be at the other end of that meeting. This is why it’s so important that you get there ready, positive, and above all, confident.
What you reflect will play an important role in this whole process. That’s why we are bringing you some very useful tips that will help you lower your anxiety, be ready for, perhaps, a life-changing experience, and have a successful interview that will very likely get you the job you have always wished for.
Are you ready? Here we go!
1. Be on time. Always!: Punctuality is not only being on time to get things done as planned. It also shows respect towards those people you interact with. Having carried out many selection processes, we can tell you without a doubt that one of the things recruiters appreciate the most is when candidates are on time. Remember, you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
2. Interview attire: Even though the tech industry is perhaps not as formal as other industries, appropriate attire for an interview will always give you some extra points. It reflects professionalism and focus. Whether the interview is in person or online, always make sure you are properly dressed for the occasion.
3. Have an excellent internet connection: Since remote work has been such a trend (and blessing) these past few years, you will very likely be interviewed through platforms such as Zoom or Google Meet. If this is the case, please make sure you have an audio and video-enabled computer, proper lighting (essential), and no interruptions during the meeting. You might want to check this a day or two before the much-expected event.
4. Visit your possible future employer’s website: Do your research about the company. Review their business model and functionalities, and be ready to answer and ask questions about them. That shows interest, and therefore, has a better rapport with your interviewer.
5. Be ready to present your work: The whole purpose of an interview is to get to know as much as possible about the person the company wants to hire; both personally and professionally. After all, it is a big responsibility to add a new member to any team. They are investing time, money, and effort in the people they hire. Have your best work ready, whether it’s on GitHub, Behance or any other platform of your preference, sometimes your work speaks for itself.
We hope these recommendations help you ace your next job interview. Remember that it’s not always about knowing all the correct answers but being resourceful, open to learning, and showing willingness. But above all, the key to success is always remembering to be your true self.
Join 2000+ Founders and Developers crushing their businesses and careers with monthly advice. You can also follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter & Instagram!