What we are looking for
Ideaware is seeking a strong engineering leader who is passionate about mentoring other engineers. With a background in backend engineering and computer science or computer engineering or similar related degrees. It is also important to have a keen eye for code quality and can provide effective feedback to other team members on their engineering work. You will be working remotely with a San Francisco-based company.
Our partner builds Web and mobile applications for creating effective and engaging online learning experiences. They are based in San Francisco, CA, with teams spread across the US, Mexico, and India; they have startup autonomy and fast-paced nature. They serve organizations worldwide that need better online teaching methods – corporate learning and development, training firms, or executive education.
– Lead a team of backend engineers with kindness, empathy, and open mind.
– Mentor backend engineers and provide them with growth opportunities in your team.
– Collaborate with client-side developers and technical leads in web and mobile development to design new product features and concepts.
– Ensure team performance and delivery of team objectives.
– Provide guidance on key technical decisions in your backend team.
– Evaluate the quality and health of our systems and code, and advocate for engineering work that will benefit our business and our end users.
– Experience & Skills.
– 5+ years of experience managing high-performing backend teams.
– 5+ years of experience writing SQL queries using object-relational data interfaces.
– 10+ years of experience in writing backend code 5+ years of experience designing and analyzing the performance of backend applications.
– 3+ years of ruby on rails experience.
– A CS Degree or equivalent.
– Empathetic, inclusive team leader with a proven track record of mentoring engineers and contributing to their growth.
– Business-minded and outcome-driven leader who can communicate clearly about challenges and brings a problem-solving attitude to the table.
– Fluency in English.
– Experience with Ruby, Python, or PHP.
– Experience with Memcached and Redis.
– Experience with information retrieval and real-time search.
Perks & Benefits
- Home office.
- Private medical insurance.
- Work from home setup.
- Internet bonus.
- English classes.
- Education budget of USD 250 per employee per year to improve your skills.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Virtual team building activities & challenges.
- Afternoon off on your and your child’s birthdays.
- Cake on your birthday.
- Competitive salaries.
- Professional development.
- Constant career growth opportunities.
- Seniority perks.
- Above all, a calm work environment with amazing culture!