What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our server development team. A successful candidate will be a hands-on developer with an established background in distributed systems, complex architectures, and data storage.
If you have a passion for how software should be built, take pride in shipping products often, and thrive in a goal-driven environment, then we’d love to talk to you!
You will be responsible for architecting, developing, and operating a highly scalable distributed system that processes many millions of transactions. You should have strong technical abilities, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be comfortable working in an agile environment that regularly delivers quality releases and responds quickly to user needs. Most of all, you should love creating things and take pride in building cool solutions for customers.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Java development.
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby development.
- Knowledge of database design, queries, and geospatial databases.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or a NOSQL database.
- Strong OO design and coding skills.
- Fluent in data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures.
- Well-versed in Microservices and API design.
- History of mentoring less experienced candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
- Understands Unit testing.
- Has a sound understanding of scalability, reliability, and performance considerations.
- Developed API and service interfaces for developers/3rd parties/mobile applications.
- Fluency with *nix command line.
- Experience with git.
- Experience owning mission-critical, 24×7 systems.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum and Test-Driven.
- Experience with AWS stack (ec2, API gateway, dynamodb, cloud watch, etc).
- Experience with Serverless technologies (lambda, google functions, PubNub).
- Experience with Messaging systems (rabbitmq, sqs, PubNub).
Perks & Benefits
🏠 Home Office.
🖥 Work from home setup.
🌎 Internet Bonus.
🇺🇸 English Classes.
👬 Employee Referral Bonus.
🚀 Code and Tell: weekly event to share and learn knowledge with the team!.
🕹 Virtual team building activities & challenges.
🎉 Afternoon off on your and your child’s birthdays.
🏦 Competitive Salaries.
👨🏽💻 Constant career growth opportunities.
😉 Seniority Perks.
💥 Above all, a calm work environment with amazing culture!.