What we’re looking for
At Ideaware, we are looking for a backend engineer with a background in Elixir Development to work with one of our international clients who is a small, multinational fintech company that builds, supports, and maintains blockchain-based digital currency solutions for Central Banks and other Financial Institutions.
- As a Sr. Backend Elixir Developer, you will work on globally diverse, cross-functional, Agile teams that experiment often and iterate quickly to deliver experiences that our customers will love.
- You will play an active role in identifying and resolving our coding standards and architectural direction.
- You will assist other developers through pair programming and mentoring opportunities to help individuals and the team grow.
- You will desire to learn and apply new skills and technology as part of your personal growth and to help the development of the team and the company.
- 5+ years of professional back-end development experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Elixir + Phoenix.
- Experience with modular software design and functional programming.
- Experience working with message queues like Kafka, RabbitMQ, SNS, PubSub.
- Experience with Relational Database Design and Enterprise Data Architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller, easy-to-understand pieces.
- Ability to work well independently and in an Agile team environment.
- Backend development with a strong understanding of creating usable APIs.
- Basic coding concepts (readable, clean, concise, reusable).
- Unit Test creation and implementation.
- Debugging and bug fixes.
- Version Control (git) and participation in a productive code review process.
- Functional programming.
- Architecture and design principles.
- Refactoring / re-architecture of legacy code.
- Cross-team and department collaboration.
- Translating user stories and UX designs to workable solutions.
- Informal leadership, training, and mentoring.
- Understanding of OTP, concurrency, BEAM nodes, and clustering.
- Polyglot programmer, Erlang/Java/Kotlin is a plus.
- CI/CD Integration.
- Agile and Scrum principles and practices.
Perks & Benefits
🏠 Home office.
🩺 Private medical insurance.
🖥 Work from home setup.
🌎 Internet bonus.
🇺🇸 English classes.
👬 Employee referral bonus.
🕹 Virtual team building activities & challenges.
🎉 Afternoon off on your and your child’s birthdays.
🏦 Competitive salaries.
👩🏼🎓 Professional development.
👨🏽💻 Constant career growth opportunities.
😉 Seniority perks.
💥 Above all, a calm work environment with amazing culture!