What we’re looking for
We are looking for a DevOps engineer with experience building Ruby on Rails applications to join our team.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys building and improving infrastructure orchestration and enjoys contributing clean, tested code while following best practices to keep development predictable, rapid, and easy to handoff.
The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting our clients and determined to help us improve people’s lives through research.
- You will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring of our products while also contributing to our Rails codebase.
- 3 years of professional experience deploying and managing applications (NodeJS and Ruby on Rails web apps) in the cloud.
- Experience containerizing applications with Docker and docker-compose.
- Proficient with AWS’s product offering and services, including but not limited to S3, EC2, RDS, Elasticache, Load Balancers, CodeBuild, and CodePipeline.
- Maintain our continuous build/ integration infrastructure and pipeline creation.
- Comfortable setting up and managing network security groups and roles (AWS Security Groups and VPC) and VPNs (OpenVPN).
- Experience managing SSL Certificates with LetsEncrypt, AWS ACM, and other third parties.
- Comprehensive background in OS Administration: Linux(Must Have), macOS, and windows.
- Monitor and analyze production data to pinpoint performance issues or errors and ensure production stability.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Experience building high-quality, tested applications with Ruby on Rails.
Nice to Have
- You don’t need to have extensive front-end experience but having fundamental knowledge is helpful.
- Experience working in environments subject to data privacy and HIPAA regulations.
- Startup company experience.
🏠 Home Office.
🖥 Work from home setup.
🌎 Internet Bonus.
🇺🇸 English Classes.
👬 Employee Referral Bonus.
🚀 Code and Tell: weekly event to share and learn knowledge with the team!.
🕹 Virtual team building activities & challenges.
🎉 Afternoon off on your and your child’s birthdays.
🏦 Competitive Salaries.
👨🏽💻 Constant career growth opportunities.
😉 Seniority Perks.
💥 Above all, a calm work environment with amazing culture!.