What we’re looking for
At Ideaware, we are looking for a QA Tester to work with one of our clients located in Austin, Texas, who are a profitable, bootstrapped, and fast-growing startup looking to expand their product offering with the feedback of thousands of happy customers. They believe in respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. They also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows them to build better products and a better overall company.
The QA Tester is responsible for much of the manual testing of the product. You’ll use your keen attention to detail to discover issues and document steps-to-reproduce for the Engineering team. You’ll partner with the QA Automation Engineer on the overall testing process and strategy and will help create and maintain the entire test suite. You’ll also work with other internal staff to triage problems and determine the severity of potential bugs.
Your daily work primarily involves manually testing various aspects of our product, identifying and documenting test cases, running acceptance and regression tests, and writing up bug cards in Jira for production issues.
- Perform acceptance and manual regression testing.
- Create and maintain manual regression test cases/suites.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured defects and test plans.
- Review and triage issues reported by internal users and customers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of automated test suites.
- Create acceptance criteria based on product requirements.
- Prior work in a QA Tester role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Jira or other Kanban board-style software.
- Experience testing web-based applications.
- Experience using Chrome Dev Tools for inspecting browser errors and issues.
- Prior remote, work-from-home experience in a QA Tester role.
- Prior work in a SaaS company.
- Experience with running tools and scripts from the command line.
- Experience with Cypress, Selenium, Protractor, or other automated testing tools.
- Experience using Postman to test APIs.
- Knowledge of SQL and how to run database queries.
Perks & Benefits
🏠 Home Office.
🖥 Work from home setup.
🌎 Internet Bonus.
🇺🇸 English Classes.
👬 Employee Referral Bonus.
🚀 Code and Tell: weekly event to share and learn knowledge with the team!
🕹 Virtual team building activities & challenges.
🎉 Afternoon off on your and your child’s birthdays.
🏦 Competitive Salaries.
👨🏽💻 Constant career growth opportunities.
😉 Seniority Perks.
💥 Above all, a calm work environment with amazing culture!