Who wouldn’t want to work in a place where they feel happy, safe, and valued?
We invest a lot of time at our jobs. Now that we’ve shifted to working from home, we must interact more with our coworkers to keep things moving and our minds sane. Being happy and having a healthy work environment is vital not only for our mental health but also for our productivity. Unlike what most people might think, creating a good work environment is not only the sole responsibility of supervisors and/or senior management teams. It is the responsibility of everyone involved in an organization.
But how can we contribute to having a happy and healthy work environment in such hectic times, when we have deadlines to meet, goals to be achieved, and still, balance all of that with our personal lives and responsibilities? Well, you might be surprised, because it’s not as hard as you might think, and it depends a lot on ourselves as well.
These 7 tips are fundamental to create an environment that will, for sure, make you want to wake up every day to go to work:
- Respect everyone: Treat others as you would like to be treated. We have heard these words so many times before; but are we living up to them? Having due regard for other people’s rights, feelings or wishes is the root of peace.
- Effective communication: Have you ever stopped to think about how many misunderstandings and problems could have been avoided in life if you had communicated properly? The same thing happens at work. Communication is much more than just transmitting information from one person to another. It needs to be accurate, effective, and clear. Effective communication will build trust, will provide clarity and direction, and most important of all, will create better relationships between coworkers and supervisors.
- Take breaks during your workday: Long hours in front of the computer is anything but healthy and does not translate into productivity or faster achievement of goals. Try to make a pause to stretch your body and muscles at least twice a day for ten minutes each. You will soon start to feel the benefits this brings, not just to your body, but also, to your ability to concentrate at work.
- Avoid gossip: Avoid negative conversations, gossip, and unhappy people. Live your own experience, and if you find yourself in a difficult situation, use the appropriate channels of communication established to try to come to a solution. Remember that communication is key to a happy and healthy work environment.
- Be kind: Kind is the new cool. We don’t always know what people who work with us are going through. Take your time to get to know them. Try to make at least one person smile at work every day. You will see how this simple act will change not only the other person’s day but your day as well. Good acts cost nothing and make a huge difference.
- Help each other out: Be that person you would like to have by your side when you’re in trouble. Organizations are all about teamwork and building experiences together. Your coworker’s failure will never be your success or the success of the company. One for all, all for one.
- Love what you do: Last but not least, you need to love what you do. Waking up every day to do something that you’re passionate about will keep you motivated and happy. Your levels of performance will be much higher and your creativity will start to flow. Sooner rather than later, you will realize that goals are much easier to achieve once you have the drive to reach them.
At Ideaware, having fun is one of our corporate values. We are all about balancing responsibility and well-being. We understand that keeping a happy and healthy work environment is everyone’s job, and we work hard to make that one of our goals every single day. It brings great benefits for both employees and organizations, and a lot depends on you. Think happy, be happy.
‘What you think you become’ -Buddha.
Thanks for reading, hope you liked this article. Please feel free to share and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter below!