This developer will be responsible for clarifying requirements, building, and maintaining business information reports, primarily using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Reporting Services. Detailed responsibilities include creating stored procedures, complex joins, and manipulating data within SSRS for client-specific reporting requirements.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as the role works very closely with our software development, project management, and client experience teams as well as clients directly.
Duties and Responsibilities
• SSRS Reports Development including requirements collection and translation.
• SQL coding for creation of Stored Procedures (SP), views, functions, etc. from scratch as well as modifications and improvements to existing SPs.
• Query creation providing ad-hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
• Entity relationship (ER) diagram creation displaying joins based on primary keys.
• Must not hesitate to seek out assistance with SQL coding or data location if solution is unclear.
• BS/BA in Computer Science or related field preferred, in lieu of degree 3+ years of SQL SSRS experience required.
• Proficiency with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) required.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or newer (Ideally SQL Server 2016)
Nice to Have
• Experience developing reports in Microsoft Visual Studio preferred.
• Experience with source control required. Knowledge of Team Foundation Services preferred.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and innovative thinking skills.
• General understanding of object-oriented software architecture, design, and implementation.
• General understanding of programming techniques and practices.
• Associations and nonprofit involvement a plus.